About the ArtistSpirituality plays a great role in creating my paintings.
I am driven by a strong desire to create a positive environment for the viewer by using “bold statements of color”, as vibrant, bold, happy colors are my hallmarks; while my other side loves using a mute, earth tone color palette, colors that give warmth and serenity to the soul.
My play ground are a variety of techniques, trying something new, different compositions, different color palettes. Painting is my joy, my fun in life.
I take inspiration from nature and the colors of the world surrounding me, as well as other artists, their enthusiasm and their spirit.
While creating a new painting I tend to ‘dive’ into colors and I let the paint take over. This is when time stands still and I can enter a wondrous world.
I have taken my artist mantra from the great Edgar Degas:
“Art is not what you see, it is what you make others see” (and feel).
Artist StatementIn 2014, I entered into a new phase or my work: Abstract Acrylic Paintings.
My natural talents and strong desire to create a positive, happy living and office environment that allows my fellow human beings to thrive and be successful drive me to create my "bold statements of color" – my paintings. I enjoy using a variety of techniques during the creative process. My unique compositions and use of vibrant, bold, happy colors are my hallmarks. Usually I paint in ‘one direction’. Although some paintings simply "require" of me to look at them from different angles. Surprisingly, some paintings reveal different elements when looking at them from different sides while painting.
While creating a new painting I tend to ‘dive’ into colors but often try to maintain an amount of control via the color selection. Sometimes I let the paint take over. Either way, I am completely in the moment when I paint. Patience is the key when creating a new ‘masterpiece’. It is how I ensure that I don’t overwork the canvas.
I put each new painting in close proximity to where I spend my time in my home, especially in the evening. It gives me a chance to live in the colors and appreciate the composition that I just created, and sometimes discover ways to improve the newest painting.
Exhibitions• Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts, Palmer Lake, CO
• Parker Arts Center (PACE) Center, Parker, CO
• Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, Arvada, CO
• Schoolhouse Gallery, Parker, CO
• Curtis Center for the Arts, Centennial, CO
• Artwork Network, largest gallery on Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO
• Martin Luther King Library, Aurora, CO – solo exhibit
• Arapahoe Justice Center, Centennial, CO
• Deep Space Art Gallery, Parker, CO
• 40 West Arts Gallery, Lakewood, CO
• Dairy Arts Center, Boulder, CO - juried exhibition
• City of Lafayette, Library - solo exhibit.
• Schiffahrtsmuseum, Flensburg, Germany - solo exhibit.
• Studio J at the Galleria, Denver, CO – juried exhibit
• Aurora Municipal Building, Aurora City Hall – solo exhibit
• Tallyn’s Reach Library, Aurora, CO – solo exhibit
• Lone Tree Arts Center - juried exhibit
• Aurora History Museum – juried exhibit
• Louisville Center for the Arts – national juried exhibit
• Guest At The Galleria, Loveland, CO – juried exhibit
• Littleton Museum, Littleton, CO, juried exhibit of the Littleton Fine Arts Board
• Main Street Gallery, Evergreen, CO - juried show
• Brown Palace Hotel, Maxfund Gala Event fundraiser
• CORE Gallery – juried exhibit
• SolShine Gallery
• Outnumbered by 4 Gallery
THE artist of the Rum Regatta 2015, largest maritime event in all of Scandinavia
• Teaching acrylic painting classes to members of German Professional Women’s Corporation, Colorado Chapter. Art classes at various venues and occasions in the greater Denver/Boulder area.
• Board Member of the Parker Artist Guild
• Member Aurora Art Town
• Park Hill Artist Guild
• Westwind Artists
Education• Studying under Tadashi Hayakawa
• I have studied art while living in Germany at the local institute of art during the 1980’s and 1990’s. Although I am self taught to a large extend.
AwardsCal Turner Jr. Award, Deep Space Gallery, Parker, CO
Annual TAAP Award, City of Loveland, CO
PressFlensburger Tageblatt, Rum-Regatta Artist of the Year - 2015